Advanced Nutrients has been the No. 1 producer of pharmaceutical-grade cannabis nutrients since 1999, creating an intuitive line of products trusted by growers all over the world. As part of our mission to make cannabis an acceptable and everyday part of healing humanity, we are responsible for more industry innovations than any other company — and there are many more to come.
The Demand Planner will serve as the primary communications and planning link between the organization’s demand creation (Sales, Marketing, and New Product Development). Participate in the Inventory and Operations Planning process, analyzing demand trends, proactively informing key decision makers, and providing recommendations to mitigate risks and to capitalize on opportunities. Own the ongoing analysis and creation of the global sales and demand forecasts by tracking and measuring them to drive continuous improvement. Provide timely and accurate ad hoc and automated reporting to support the sales plan.
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Interact with sales and marketing to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales and Marketing to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Configure and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool.
- Provide input to the Planning organization in developing inventory
- Create statistical forecasts:
- Gather, analyze and validate data
- Execute statistical modeling
- Review resulting statistical forecast model
- Apply error analysis techniques to improve forecasting
- Summarize/aggregate statistical forecasts
- Review sales plans, and demand drivers:
- Present, solicit, and assess feedback on the various forecasts from sales
- - Recommend adjustments for operational forecasts
- Review promotional plans with sales
- Achieve consensus for operational demand forecasts by facilitating a collaborative planning process with sales, marketing and planning:
- Prepare relevant material to facilitate research and discussion
- Facilitate and manage demand planning/sales meetings
- Achieve consensus with the business side and the demand chain
- Configure and Maintain demand planning system
- Enter and modify data and ensure the correctness of product hierarchy
- Monitor trends in forecast error
- Identify relevant market-related data and competitive intelligence
- Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to demand planning process
- A customer demand forecast which incorporates current and accurate market information that allows the company to correctly predict customer demand and provide its supply chain with the appropriate information to plan how to meet that customer demand.
- Improved relationships among planners, sales, marketing and finance, which will lead to effective knowledge sharing and an optimal consensus forecast to better guide the company.
- Refined systems and methods to continually improve forecasts so that the company can better anticipate customer needs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree that encompasses the area of Business Operations, Statistics, Supply Chain, or Logistics required. MBA preferred.
- 3-5 years relevant experience in Demand Planning, Forecasting and/or S&OP environments required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting, MRP, and MS Excel
- Strong organization skills i.e. a well organized and structured individual
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to interact with senior management and to collaborate with peers and other functions
- Knowledge of Demand Planning processes and systems
- The Demand Planner will benefit from broad experience of company processes including Sales & Marketing Processes, Financial, Planning, Production, Procurement, and S&OP.
- Spanish and English very fluent